It should be an interesting couple of days in Athens as the Greek people come to understand that the deal Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras brought back from Brussels is worse than the one they rejected ten days ago, a key element being that lawmakers approve it by tomorrow.
The pundits seem to be almost universally pessimistic:
- Europe Owns This Disaster – Bloomberg
- Was this humiliation of Greeks really necessary? – Guardian
- Greece is being treated like a hostile occupied state – Telegraph
- It Starts: Greeks Rebel Against Bailout, Risk Collapse – Wolf Street
- Greece’s new deal simply won’t work for these two reasons – MarketWatch